V1 Cyclery is the creation of Steve Geiszler & Zac Collins. Steve brings nearly 20yrs of retail experience across a very broad range of industries including Car Audio, Toy, Commercial Office Furniture and Cycling. Zac has spent his entire full time career in the cycling industry, and also manages and races for Team InterVelo (Powered by Fitzroy Island), a Brisbane based cycling team competing in the Queensland Road Team Series.
Located at Shop 2/360 Main Road, Wellington Point, Queensland, V1 Cyclery is situated at the heart of whats known throughout the Brisbane cycling fraternity as the “Bay Loop”, which takes cyclists from Inner Brisbane City out to the Bayside suburbs through to Wellington Point. It is the halfway point of the route, and is a well know place to stop for a coffee and take a break.
V1 was realised when Steve and Zac, whilst working in the industry locally and across Brisbane, began to realise that there was no bike shop servicing the Bayside that provided a “hub” for bike sales, servicing, accessories and coffee, whilst adhering to the “core” principles of customer service which at a very basic level preach the following:
* greet customers and approach them in a way that is natural and fits the individual situation
* show customers that you understand what their needs are
* accept that some people won’t want your products and concentrate on building relationships with those who do
* help people – even just letting a customer know about an event that you know they’re personally interested in is helpful
* continue to keep customers aware of what’s in it for them to do business with you.
All of those principles ring true in the cycling industry, and are what we here at V1 Cyclery pride ourselves on. Our mantra is “Amongst Cyclists”, meaning that we exist to serve all cyclists, we have no bias whether it’s a road, mountain or hybrid, or whether your 8 or 80yrs old. We are after all cyclists ourselves…… our business cards say so! In addition to being a great bike shop, we also provide great coffee, courtesy of First. Coffee Co. So if you’re in the area, drop in, say hello and get to know us!
Yours in cycling,